Earlier this week, I was at the grocery store with Reid and the peaches smelt heavenly.
So much so that I convinced myself I would love them. But alas. A peach eater, I am not. I though maybe Reid would take to them too. Nope. Neil? Not so much.
Since I was left several peaches and no one to eat them. So I got to creating something that I knew all of us would like… Cupcakes.
Spiced Peach Cupcakes with Peach Frosting Recipe
Peach Puree Ingredients:
- Peach Puree
- 3 1/2 C Peaches (I used used mostly fresh peaches but did add a few frozen slices to reach 3.5 C)
- 1/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp All Spice
- 2 C Peach Puree
- 1/2 C Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 C Flour
- 1/2 C Peach Puree
- 1/2 C Butter, Softened
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 4 C Powdered Sugar
- 2-6 Tsp Milk
- Food Coloring, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the Peach Puree. In a food processor, puree the peaches. Add the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and all spice. Pulse until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 C of the Peach Puree, oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder and flour and stir well.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, mix together the remaining 1/2 C of Peach Puree, butter, and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar. Add food coloring if desired.
- Add milk 1 Tsp at a time until the desired frosting consistency is reached. I like my frosting to be on the thicker side.
- Frost and enjoy. I just added the frosting to a quart freezer ziplock bag, cut of the tip to about a 1/4″ opening and swirled.