This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #PlayPauseRefresh #CollectiveBiasIt is that time of year where all my favorite shows are gearing up for the season finales. Which is exciting and sad at the same time. Oh, the cliffhangers.
Since most things are more fun with friends (and food), we tend to throw little season finale parties and invite a few friends over to watch with us. There is something about have a tasty snack and cold Coca-Cola while watching my favorite TV show with friends that is very enjoyable to me.
Since our kids are still young and go to bed on the earlier side, we usually wait to start our viewing parties until after they are fully asleep. Although, as I was making this Chicken and Mexican Street Corn Nachos one night, little feet came into the kitchen "to help by tasting everything". He did get a quick little bit and then was shuttled off to bed again.
The majority of parties we attend now are filled with bounce houses, balloons and lots of noise. So a nice night in with friends tickles this Mama's fancy. Before we all get settled in, I make sure to have set out a snack, a couple cans of Coca-Cola, and to have a deck of cards handy for once the TV show is over. Oh and the remote. I always forget the remote and one of us has to get back up and get it. When will I learn?
For your next TV night, the Coca-Cola Company is having a sweepstakes where you can win cool prizes just by sharing a photo on Twitter or Instagram. Just pick up your favorite Coca-Cola beverage and Program Your Night. Take a photo of how you enjoy Coca-Cola during your tv night. Make sure the program you are watching stays on your TV but out of the photo. Share your photo on Twitter or Instagram with both #programyournight and #sweepstakes for a chance to win.
Want a recipe for the perfect TV watching snack? This Chicken and Mexican Street Corn Nacho recipe is super quick and just as tasty.
2 Tbsp Butter
3 C Frozen Corn (or fresh)
2 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Tbsp Mayo
1 (9oz) Bag Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
2 C pulled Rotisserie Chicken
8 oz Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
1 Lime (cut into wedges)
1/4 Feta Cheese (or Cotija Cheese)
2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the corn and chili powder. All the corn to char slightly before stirring. Remove from heat and stir in the mayo.
3. Arrange the tortilla ships on a baking sheet in an even layer. Sprinkle with chicken and shredded cheese. Bake for 7-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
4. While the chips are baking whisk together the sour cream and lime juice from half go the lime wedges.
5. Arrange the tortilla/chicken/cheese mixture on a large serving platter. Top with the corn mixture, feta cheese and cilantro. Drizzle with the sour cream mixture. Serve with the remaining lime wedges.
What is your favorite snack to pair with Coca-Cola? Don't forget to Program Your Night and enter to win!
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.