This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob's Red Mill; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
We live in the northeast, where spring arrived in February and then a blizzard in March which dropped almost 2 ft of snow on us and now we once again are waiting for spring to arrive. For good, hopefully? But that first dose of spring had me itching to work in the garden and to bake all sorts of yummy spring-like treats.
Like these Peach Cupcakes with Peach Buttercream Frosting.
I try to make most of my recipes from scratch and use quality ingredients for the best taste and texture in my baked goods. Thats why I love about Bob's Red Mill Organic All Purpose Flour. It is not enriched with any additives and it the same high protein flour used by professional bakers for light and airy baked goods. Bob's also has Paleo and Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour for all your dietary needs.
For this recipe I used Bob's Unbleached White Flour and fresh peaches to make yummy peach cupcakes and then whipped up some peach buttercream frosting for the top. My little guy told me they were the "bestest he had ever tasted in all of space." It could be because he was also asking for seconds before dinner.
For this recipe you will need:
(Makes 12 Cupcakes)
Peach Cupcake Ingredients:
1 1/4 C Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 C Sugar
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 C Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/3 C Water
3 Peaches, peeled and pitted (About 1C pureed peaches)
2-3 Drops Pink Food Coloring
Peach Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
1/2 C Butter
2 1/2 C Confectionary Sugar
1 Peach, peeled and pitted (About 1/4-1/3 C pureed peach)
1 Tsp Vanilla
2-3 Drops Yellow Food Coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Place cupcake liners in a tin and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, sugar and cornstarch and set aside.
3. In a food processor, add the peeled, pitted peaches and puree.
4. In a mixer bowl, add applesauce, egg, vanilla, water, and peach puree and beat until smooth.
5. Add the flour mixture and beat for 2 minutes. Add the pink food coloring and beat until mixed in.
6. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes.
7. Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
8. For the frosting, in a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
9. Meanwhile, in a food processor, add the peeled, pitted peach and puree.
9. Add the confectionary sugar, vanilla and pureed peach and mix. Add a couple drops of yellow food coloring and mix until combined. (If necessary, add a little more confectionary sugar until the frosting reached your desired consistency)
10. Frost the cupcakes and enjoy.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob's Red Mill.
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.