I have been making a variation of this recipe for several months now. Sometimes with raisins sometimes with dried cranberries. I have even used a couple pears in place of the apple. And all the combinations were yummy.
They make the perfect afternoon snack and both my kids enjoy them. I usually freeze half the batch and then pull them out of the freezer as needed.
3/4 C Oats
2 C Carrots, grated
2 C Apple, grated
1/2 C Brown Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1.5 C Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 C Flaxmeal
3/4 C Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 C Raisins or Dried Cranberries
1. Grind the oats in a food processor and place the oat puree in a large bowl.
2. Grate the carrots and apple by hand or by using a food processor and set aside.
3. Mix the brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in with the oats.
4. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla and blend.
5. Mix the flaxmeal and flour until just combined.
6. Stir in the raisins or cranberries
7. Add to greased muffin pans. Fill 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.