This is one of those recipes that I continually make around here and keep thinking I need to share it. But it either gets gobbled up before I can take pictures or when I do take pictures they turn out like these. Not the best. Photographing food isn't my strong suit. Give me cute active little kids all day and I can get good pictures. But when it just sits there and I have to be more creative...well.. see this posts pictures.
Anyways... This recipe is delicious. This Apple Pie Bread is full of apples. And I love the little crunch the topping adds to each bite. Perfect for breakfast or a late afternoon snack.
Apple Pie Bread
1/2 C Butter, softened
1 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
2 C Flour
6 C Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2 Tbsp Butter, melted
1/4 C Flour
1/2 C Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the butte, brown sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the apples and pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 Tbsp melted butter, 1/4 C flour and 1/4 gown sugar. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Pour evenly over the top of the batter. Use the back of a spoon to pat the topping into the batter.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.