Around here we like a hearty soup. It needs to be chocked full of vegetables, have a good flavor and have a good broth for dipping. This Tuscan Bean Soup is just that. Full of vegetables, lots of beans and yummy spices. Perfect for these cold winter nights we are experiencing.
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, sliced
3 celery stalks, diced
4 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 Tsp thyme
1/2 Tsp rosemary
1 Qrt chicken broth
2 (14oz) Cans cannelli beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
3 C chopped kale
1/2 Tsp pepper
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery. Saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, red paper flakes, thyme and rosemary. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the broth, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the chopped kale and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Remove 1/3 of the soup (liquid, beans and vegetables) from the pot and place in the freezer to cool for about 5 minutes.
6. Partially puree the cooled soup using a food processor.
7. Add the pureed soup back to the original pot and stir to combine. Let cook for an additional 5 minutes.
9. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.