There is something about the cold and winter that requires clam chowder. I love a thick creamy soup and this New England Clam Chowder Recipe doesn't disappoint.
Plus it is super easy to make and can be on the table in time for dinner.
8 slices of bacon
3-4 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, chopped
3 C chicken broth
3 tsp tabasco sauce
3 large cans, chopped clams with juice
3 tsp worcester sauce
1 tsp pepper
2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 C milk
1 pint heavy cream
1/4 C cornstarch
1 C water
1. Saute the bacon in a dutch oven.
2. When the bacon is cooked, remove and set aside. Add the carrots, celery and onion to the bacon fat and sauté for 10 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth, tabasco sauce, clams, worcester sauce and pepper. Stir, then bring to a light boil.
4. Add in the potatoes, milk, and heavy cream. Stir well. Boil for 20 minutes.
5. Mix the cornstarch and water together in a bowl. Slowly add and stir into the chowder to thicken.
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.