Muffins are a staple in our house. We always have a batch on the counter for quick breakfast or snack options. These Apple Nut Muffins were a huge hit and were gobbled right up by Neil + Reid.
Apple Nut Muffins
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 C Apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 1/2 C Applesauce
3/4 C Brown Sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsp Flax Seed
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
2 C Flour
1 C Walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar over the chopped apple and stir to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Preheat the over to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda, flax seed and nutmeg. Stir well to incorporate.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the walnuts and apple mixture.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool + serve.
Makes 18 muffins
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.