Cookies for breakfast? Yup. These cookies are full of apples, bananas, peanut butter and oats. The perfect combination for breakfast cookies... At least in my book.
Both Reid + Neil enjoyed these for breakfast... Although, I broke Reid's into pieces so that he would know it was a cookie. Don't want to start him asking for cookies any earlier in the day than he already does.
1 C Peanut Butter
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 C Banana, mashed
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
3 C Flour
4 1/2 C Oats
2 1/2 C Apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, blend the peanut butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, mashed banana, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour and oats. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Roll 3-4 Tbsp of dough into large balls and place a few inches apart on a cookie sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.