I intended to make this Caramel Apple Cheesecake for dessert on Thanksgiving but ended up having way too much else to do leading up to the holiday... You know last minute cleaning and such. But shortly after the holiday, I whipped up these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars much to delight of our entire house.
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars consist of 5 simple layers and are oh so delicious. They are the perfect ratio of crunch, cream and sweetness. So much so that they didn't last more than few days around here.
3 C Flour
1 1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 C Butter, softened
2 (8 oz) Packages Cream Cheese, softened
1 C Sugar (divided)
1 Tsp Vanilla
3 C Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Bag (11oz) Caramel Bites
1/2 C Oats
1/2 C Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking stray.
- Combine the 2 C flour, 1/2 C brown sugar and softened butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 C sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour over the crust.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 C sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the chopped apples to the cinnamon mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the apple mixture on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Sprinkle the caramel bites on top of the apple layer.
- In a small, combine 1 C brown sugar, 1 C flour, oats and the melted butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of the caramel layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.