Whenever I say that I need to work in the kitchen, Reid says "we make Daddy muffins!". Apparently, I bake muffins way too often. Well this time when Reid wanted to make Daddy muffins, I was ready.
My little blueberry eater stalled out on his blueberry eating earlier this week and I had a large container that wouldn't be gone before they turned mushy. So together we turned them into muffins for Daddy.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins to be exact. With a blueberry topping. And they were good. Past tense... since we ate them all gone rather quickly.
Since I was using something old (the blueberries) in the recipe, I decided to try something new too. The NEW I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®
The new I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® is made from real, simple ingredients - 0% artificial preservatives. It has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter and offers a fresh butter taste to add flavor to any meal... sautéing, baking, cooking. As always, the new I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® is spreadable straight from the refrigerator so there is no need to wait for it to soften.
The new I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® is available in grocery stores now so pick some up (and some extra blueberries for this recipe) on your next trip... Try out the spread... Leave a product review... And make some muffins.
1/4 C I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®
1/2 C Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/8 C Lemon Juice
1 C Flour
1 1/2 C Blueberries
1. Preheat the oven 375F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!®, sugar, egg, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well.
3. Slowly add the flour and mix until combined.
4. Add 1 C of blueberries to the mixture, stir well.
5. Spoon the batter into 6 giant muffin cups or 12 regular muffin cups.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, microwave the remaining 1/2 C of blueberries on high for 1 minute.
7. Mash the cooked blueberries with a fork and then spoon onto the top of the 6 muffins.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes. For regular sized muffins, bake for 22-27 minutes.
Makes 6 giant muffins of 12 regular muffins.