We are slowly eating our way through our Cortland apple stock that we picked way back in September. Slowly is the key word there. I would say we have used about 3/4 of our pickings. So be prepared for some more apple recipes coming you way. Up today... Apple Snickerdoodles.
Today's recipe is a little spin on the classic Snickerdoodle. I adjusted the recipe a little, added some more cinnamon and of course apples. Lots and lots of chopped apples. And let me tell you these cookies were delicious. They did not last long in our house... a couple days at most. I am thinking about making another batch for a dessert option on Thanksgiving. Yum!
3/4 C Butter, softened
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Small (3.5 ounce) Box of Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2 C Flour
2 C Apples, peeled + diced small
1/3 C Sugar
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and egg together until smooth.
3. Add the pudding mix, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir well.
4. Slowly add the flour and mix well.
5. Stir in the apples.
6. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
7. Form 1" balls with dough and roll in the sugar mixture. Place on a baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Makes 2 dozen.
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.