Reid’s room has been lacking artwork / wall hangings since we moved in. After hanging the whale art work I made, I had a few ideas for more but sat on them for a while. Mostly so that I could finish unpacking the rest of the house.
As I was brainstorming ideas (simple ideas) I found this pin on Pinterest. And I rolled with it.
- First up, I painted the shims. I just did one thicker coat all around.
- After the paint dried, I randomly arranged the paint shims… making sure that the ends alternated thick + thin side.
- To hold all the shims together, I hot glued extra shims to the back.
- Once it was all assembled, I brushed two thin coats of polycrylic onto the front and sides.
- After everything dried, we hung a little picture hook on the back and hung it up in Reid’s room.
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.