I was doing really well with not having over ripe bananas on the counter for a while. But then this past week, our banana consumption was low resulting in a several ripe bananas needing a home.
So this Maple Walnut Banana Muffin recipe was born.
3 Ripe Bananas
3 Tbsp Butter, softened
1/4 C Brown Sugar (or Granulated Maple Sugar)
2 Egg Whites
1/4 C Pure Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Oil
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/4 C Flour
1/2 C Walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the butter, brown sugar, egg whites, maple syrup oil and vanilla. Stir well.
4. Add the baking soda and flour. Mix until just combined.
5. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Sprinkle the walnuts over the muffins.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.