Now that fall has began, it truly means that we are are headed into soup season. Not that I really need a reason to make soup.
This Chicken & Black Bean soup is a change up from my typical "white" soups and chills. But it is good. Oh so good. And supra easy to make!
1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
4 C chicken broth
2 C frozen corn
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (10oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
3 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp cornstarch
24 tortilla chips
1. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, chicken broth, corn, beans, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin and mix well.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tbsp water until smooth.
5. Gradually stir into the soup.
6. Bring to a boil again and cook another 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings (2 quarts)
Pinterest for more great recipes and check out my recipe page for all my tried and true recipes.