Somedays I am just in the mood to bake. These wonderful muffins were a result of that day. Actually I made 4 different muffins on that particular baking day. These were the best though.
Blueberry picking has just wrapped up around these parts but that doesn't mean we are out of blueberries. Oh no. I still have a bunch in the fridge and even more in the freezer.
These muffins only take 3 cups of blueberries which are mixed into the batter and used to make the swirls on top, but are full of flavor and yumminess.
2 C Blueberries
1 1/4C Sugar
2 1/2 C Flour
2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
4 Tbsp Butter
1/4 C Vegetable Oil
3/4 C Yogurt
1/4 C Milk
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/4 C Flour
2 1/2 Tsp Butter, Melted
1 C Blueberries
1 Tbsp Sugar
1. In a small saucepan, cook the blueberries and sugar for 5 minutes. Stirring and mashing the blueberries throughout. Let cool.
2. Mix the sugar, brown sugar and flour together. Combine with the melted butter. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 425. Combine the butter, oil, yogurt, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
4. Add in the eggs and stir well.
5. Stir in the sugar, baking powder and flour.
6. Add the blueberries and stir only until combined.
7. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
8. Top with the Blueberry Swirl mixture. Swirl into the muffin with a toothpick.
9. Sprinkle the Streusel Topping on each.
10. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
Makes 21 muffins.
Once cooled, I seal them in ziplock bag and freeze.