Earlier this week, I was at the grocery store with Reid and the peaches smelt heavenly.
So much so that I convinced myself I would love them. But alas. A peach eater, I am not. I though maybe Reid would take to them too. Nope. Neil? Not so much.
Since I was left several peaches and no one to eat them. So I got to creating something that I knew all of us would like... Cupcakes.
3 1/2 C Peaches (I used used mostly fresh peaches but did add a few frozen slices to reach 3.5 C)
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp All Spice
2 C Peach Puree
1/2 C Oil
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
2 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Peach Puree
1/2 C Butter, Softened
2 Tsp Vanilla
4 C Powdered Sugar
2-6 Tsp Milk
Food Coloring, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Make the Peach Puree. In a food processor, puree the peaches. Add the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and all spice. Pulse until combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine 2 C of the Peach Puree, oil, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the baking soda, baking powder and flour and stir well.
5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
6. Bake for 17-19 minutes.
7. Let cool completely before frosting.
8. For the frosting, mix together the remaining 1/2 C of Peach Puree, butter, and vanilla.
9. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar. Add food coloring if desired.
10. Add milk 1 Tsp at a time until the desired frosting consistency is reached. I like my frosting to be on the thicker side.
11. Frost and enjoy. I just added the frosting to a quart freezer ziplock bag, cut of the tip to about a 1/4" opening and swirled.
Makes 24 cupcakes