After we moved (and got the new microwave/stove installed), I was in the mood to bake something. Just anything. But I couldn't figure out what.
Something with chocolate?
That is where these cookies come in. I made the cookie mixture then scoured through my very unorganized pantry for some add ins.
I settled on dried cranberries and chocolate chips. But these would be good with other dried fruit, without the chocolate but aren't cookies always better with chocolate?, etc. So add in whatever strikes your fancy.
1 1/3 C Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1 C Butter, softened
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 C Oats
1/2 C Dried Cranberries
1/2 C Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, butter and brown sugar.
3. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
4. Slowly add in the oats.
5. Stir in your cranberries, chocolate chips or other mix-in's.
6. Roll into 1 Tbsp sized balls.
7. Gently flatted on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake of 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.