Again, this recipe came from a need to rid my counter of some overripe bananas. Yet again.
These muffins are the right combination of moist and delicious… thanks to the bananas and applesauce. But have a taste of chocolate throughout… thanks to the white chocolate chips.
I think next time I make these I will be adding some chopped strawberries. Oh the possibilities.
White Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
2 Egg Whites
1/4 C Applesauce
1/2 C Maple Syrup
1/4 C Butter
1 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsp Flax Meal
1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Mix in the egg whites, applesauce, maple syrup and butter. Stir until well blended.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and flax meal and mix.
- Slowly mix in the flour.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Divide into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
This post may contain affiliate links.