Now that Reid is a full blown toddler, it has made even the simplest outings risky. Some days he is a mostly perfect child and other days usually the ones when I need to do something out of the house, he is a not that well behaved, i.e. a terror.
I now have a mostly foolproof way of being prepared for these outings. I have finally perfected my "Mom Bag". I carry goodies, snacks and toys for Reid along with goodies and such for me.
I recently picked up a new pink purse for the spring/summer and I am loving how bright it is. It still fits within my same requirements for a purse... 3 sections and at least one zippered section.
So, what is in my bag? Quite literally, a little bit of everything. Minus the kitchen sink.
Section 1: Snacks + Diapers
- Prepackaged Snacks - These are perfect for when Reid gets fussy waiting for dinner to arrive or while riding in the shopping cart.
- Snack Pouch - Another option for when toddler hunger strikes. A hungry child can make any outing horrible, trust me.
- Suckers - Reid is going through a licking phase or maybe its just a boy thing... licking the shopping cart, licking the dinner table, etc... Suckers are the perfect solution.
- Diapers + Wipes - I think I will be carrying wipes until Reid moves out. Boys and dirt.
- Cars - Lots of cars. Cars for all occasions. Cars fix most issues.
- Play-Doh - Again, for those times when Reid needs to sit somewhat still and be somewhat quiet... like waiting for our dinner at a restaurant.
- Construction Vehicles - Just in case the cars don't make things better, construction vehicles will.
Section 3: Me
- Hand Sanitizer - The whole kids, dirt, germs thing... Makes me carry hand sanitizer. And use it often.
- Notebook + Pens - I am always writing down notes. Tasks to complete at home, things from the store, blog ideas, event reminders and such. I need to carry a notebook to keep track of everything and be prepared.
- Sunglasses - Most days in my rush to get out the door on time, I forget my sunglasses. Driving and being out in the sun without sunglasses is a no go for me. So I always carry a pair in my purse for backup.
- Diaper Cream - Just in case. I have no idea why this is in the "me" section. I should move it to the diaper side.
- Chapstick - Is there anything worse than chapped lips and no chapstick?
- Random Receipts -Who knows why? I really should clean out the receipts and grocery store monopoly game pieces sometime.
- Hair Ties - I have this weird issue with my hair touching my neck... so although, most days I start with my hair down... I will throw it back part of the way through the day. So extra hair ties are a necessity for me.
- Motrin + Aleve - I have a toddler and I run. Must carry these at all times.
- Wallet + Giftcards - What would a purse be without money?
- Keys - I need to have a lanyard, Snap-On of course, on my keys in order to find them in my purse... Too much stuff.
- U by Kotex - Another purse staple since my teenage years. Always better to be prepared. I also love that the packaging doesn't scream feminine product... which means I can be prepared and not embarrassed when Reid pulls these out of my purse in front of everyone. (I also love that the box is a little more inconspicuous... Especially since last week at Kmart, Reid was insisted on holding the U by Kotex all the way to the checkout).
Right now you can receive a $3 instant savings through Kmart's Shop Your Way rewards program with the purchase of 2 U by Kotex products. If your not a member yet, you can sign up here. Its a great program that saves me money each time I shop at Kmart.