Again, in a quest to find a yummy, healthier snack option, I made these Chewy Chocolate Chip No-Bake Granola Bars.
Talk about perfection.
These granola bars did not last long in our house. Maybe a couple days.
I was able to send a couple with Neil for his lunch before the rest were devoured.
2 C oats
1 C rice krispies
1/4 C butter
1/4 C maple syrup
1/2 C brown sugar (or granulated maple sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 chocolate chips
1. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the maple syrup and brown sugar. Stir together and then leave until it comes to a boil.
4. Once the full mixture is boiling, time for 2 1/2 minutes.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats and rice krispies.
6. Once the syrup mixture is done boiling, add the vanilla and mix.
7. Pour the syrup mixture over the oats and mix well.
8. Allow to cool for a bit before adding the chocolate chips. Mix well. I wait about 5 minutes and the chocolate chips melt some.
9. Press the mixture firmly into the greased pan. Add a few more chocolate chips if desired.
10. Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the fridge before cutting.
Makes 12 - 16 bars... depending on how you cut them.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes and check out my recipe page for all my tried and true recipes.