I have been making this recipe for Neil our entire marriage. The original recipe came from a coworker of mine and was cut out from the newspaper. I have since lost my photocopy of that little recipe but somehow always seem to have this recipe written down somewhere.
This is one of Neil's favorite soup recipes that I make. I have made it for several different occasions and it is always a crowd pleaser.
1 1/2 lbs cooked, diced chicken
1/2 C chopped onion
2 tbps olive oil
4 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 (8oz) cans chopped green chilies, undrained
2 C chicken broth
3 (15oz) cans white kidney beans, undrained
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the chicken and onions. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and stir until the aroma is released.
4. Add the cumin, coriander, oregano and pepper. Stir for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the chilies. Add the chicken broth and beans.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Add the chicken.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Pinterest for more great recipes and check out my recipe page for all my tried and true recipes.