Is it me or does spring and summer mean more fruit drinks are consumed in your house? Something about the heat and juice drinks go hand in hand.
So the other day when I was
So about that recipe: After a long cold winter, a fruit juice flavored cookie is just what I need. Although, I could make a case for a fruit juice cookie pretty much anytime of the year. And what is better than just a cookie? A frosted cookie! And what is better than a frosted cookie? Well not much. Can you tell I am hungry while writing this?
The recipe makes a small batch of about 24 cookies (depending on your cookie cutter size). But don't expect the batch to be around long. With the perfect ratio of fruit juice flavor and cookie to lemonade frosting, they will be gobbled up in no time... leaving you yearning for another taste of summer.
Tropical Lemonade Cookies:
1/2 C Tropical Punch Kool-Aid
1/3 C Coconut Oil
1/3 C Sour Cream
1/4 C Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 C Flour
1 (0.23oz) Packet of Lemonade Kool-Aid
3 C Confectionary Sugar
1/2 C Butter, Softened
1 Tsp Vanilla
Around 3 Tbsp of Milk (if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Tropical Punch Kool-Aid, coconut oil, egg and sour cream. Mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, baking soda and flour.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the Kool-Aid mixture. Stirring throughout.
5. Once combined... lightly flour your rolling surface and rolling pin.
6. Roll the cookie dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
7. Cut out your shapes using a floured cookie cutter.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
9. Let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet before cooling completely on a rack.
10. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Lemonade Kool-Aid Packet, confectionary sugar, butter and vanilla.
11. If the frosting is too thick or dry, add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until the reaching the desired consistency. (I like a thicker frosting!)
12. Frost the cookies and enjoy!
* Two cookies and one glass of Kool-Aid were
Walmart has a few special events to help promote the new 96oz Kool-Aid bottles. So make yourself a round of Tropical Lemonade Cookies and head on over for a fun time:
Jim Dillard, pro fisherman, could be coming to your local Walmart to help promote the new 96oz bottles! There will be product giveaways, t-shirts, games and more fun activities! Dates and locations are below.
Friday May 30th 5-7pm: 13675 Highway 43 Russellville, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 3-5pm: 3100 Hough Rd Florence, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 6-8pm: 517 Avalon Ave Muscle Shoals, AL WM Supercenter
Friday June 20th 5-7pm: 1210 Mineral Wells Ave Paris, TN WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 3-5pm: 1225 Paris Rd Murray, KY WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 6-8pm: 809 N 12th St Murray, KY WM Supercenter
Friday August 8th 5-7pm: 360 Harbison Blvd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
Saturday August 9th 3-5pm: 1326 Bush River Rd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
Saturday August 9th 6-8pm: 2401 Augusta Rd West Columbia, SC WM Supercenter