These cookies grew from Neil's need to pretty much have breakfast on the go. Seeing that he can't get up in the morning the first 3/4 times his alarm goes off... There is no time for him to sit down and eat breakfast.
These cookies are full of oats to help get the day off to a decent start.
I make a double batch and then freeze them in pairs. Then I pull a couple baggies out each week and breakfast is ready.
5 C oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C butter
1/3 C maple syrup
1/4 C milk
1/2 C dried cranberries (or raisins)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Grind 2 1/2 C of the oats in a food processor until flour-like.
3. Add the baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, sugar, butter and milk. Mix well.
5. Stir in the flour mixture.
6. Add the remaining 2 1/2 C oats and dried cranberries. Stir until mixed.
7. Scoop about 1 1/2 in balls onto a cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Pinterest for more great recipes and check out my recipe page for all my tried and true recipes.