My child loves donuts or dow’s in toddler talk. Like, we can not mention donuts with out Reid wanting one. Right then.
We pretty much never have donuts around the house. But will stop occasionaly at the Tim Hortons drivethru for Timbits. If you have never had Tim Hortons, then I feel for you. So good!
But that has been the extent of our donut intake, until now.
I bought a mini donut pan a bit back and have been giving homemade donuts a whirl.
This recipe is pretty basic. It is just a straight forward whole wheat donut recipe.
The donuts are heavier and slightly wet in texture but good.
I made a batch and froze 2 dozen for Reid’s breakfasts. Worked great.
½ C Sugar
1 C Milk
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla
½ Tsp Nutmeg
½ Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Baking Powder
2 C Whole Wheat Flour
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Spray donut pan with nonstick spray
3. Mix together eggs, sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla.
4. Add the nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix well.
5. Slowly add the flour and stir until mixed.
6. Fill each donut about ½ way.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Cool for 2-3 minutes in the donut pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 36 mini donuts.