I changed the toppings up some. Mostly because the original recipe called for peanut butter chips and I didn’t have any. Oh well. I added peanut butter to the topping and it was a hit.
2 ½ C Flour
1 C Sugar
½ Tsp Salt
1 C Butter, cut into small pieces at room temperature
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Jar (16 oz) Jam/Preserves - I used Strawberry Preserves
1 C Peanuts, chopped
1 C Peanut Butter
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with non stick spray.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
4. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and stir until dough forms.
5. Set aside 1 C of the dough for the topping.
6. Press the remaining dough into the pan in an even flat layer.
7. Spread the jar of preserves over the top of the dough.
8. Combine the reserved 1 C of dough with the peanuts and peanut butter.
9. Sprinkle the peanut mixture on top of the preserve layer.
10. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
11. Let cool completely before cutting into bars and removing from the pan.