So I dissected those recipes and morphed them into my own. This recipe turned out really well and is a big hit around our house.
It is the perfect snack for road trips or to pack in school lunches… Or to sprinkle in yogurt.
The Maple Syrup adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the granola.
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
¼ - ½ C Moore’s Maple Syrup, depending on if you want the granola to be a crumble versus bites
⅓ C Peanut Butter
3 Cups Trail Mix (I used a Cranberry Trail Mix with dried cranberries, raisins, golden raisins, sunflower kernels and almonds)
½ Tsp Cinnamon
2 ¼ C Oats
3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
3 Tbsp Flax Seeds
½ C Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Mix the Maple Syrup, Peanut Butter and Vegetable Oil together. Microwave to melt.
- Meanwhile in the large bowl, mix the Trail Mix, Cinnamon, Oats, Sesame Seeds and Flax Seeds together.
- Pour the Maple Syrup mixture over the dry mixture and stir well.
- Let cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in the Chocolate Chips.
- Spread and flatten in the 9x13 pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes… until the edges turn golden brown.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Cut or break into bite size pieces.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes and check out my recipe page for all my tried and true recipes.