Do you ever get in a rut of making the same food for dinner, week after week? That happens frequently around here.
Then I saw this recipe card in my recipe book mess.
The original recipe did not include the sausage but I think they add a good taste to the gumbo.
1 Lb Hot Sausage
2 Lbs Chicken
2 Tbsp Garlic Cloves, minced
1 ½ C Onion, chopped
1 ½ C Peppers, chopped
2 Tbsp Flour
1 (4oz) can of Chilies
1 (29oz) can of italian style diced Tomatoes
2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning - I used Moore’s Maple Cajun Seasoning
1 Tsp Pepper
- Cook the sausage and chicken in a large saute pan.
- Once thoroughly cooked, cut into bit size pieces and return to the same saute pan.
- Add the garlic, onions and peppers and saute over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the chilies, tomatoes, cajun seasoning and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
Make about 6 servings.