Each year when December rolls around, Neil starts requesting an Ice Cream Cake. An Ice Cream Cake. Ugh. Last year, I made him this Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake and this year I made him a S'mores Ice Cream Cake.
On a side note, Neil does not really like marshmallows so I informed him of their locale and if he preferred the ice cream cake with or without marshmallows. He choose with. He wished he choose without. Men.
Ice cream cake is so easy to make. Mix and freeze.
This S'mores Ice Cream Cake is delicious. It has something for everyone.
Chocolate Ice Cream.
Vanilla Ice Cream.
Everything. For everyone.
12 Graham Crackers
2 Tbsp Butter, room temperature
4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
2 C Heavy Cream
1 C Mini Marshmallows
1 C Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a food processor pulse, 8 graham crackers until finely blended.
3. Add the butter and pluse until mixed.
4. Press into the bottom of a 8in springform pan.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
6. Let cool for about 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave.
8. Using a electric beater, beat the chocolate, half the condensed milk (1/2 C plus 2 Tbsp) and 3/4 Tsp vanilla in a large bowl.
9. Add 1 C heavy cream and beat until thick, stiff peaks form.
10. Fold in the marshmallows and spoon over the graham cracker crust. Spread evenly.
11. Using a clean bowl and electric beater, beat the remaining condensed milk, vanilla and heavy cream until thick, stiff peaks form.
12. Fold in 1/2 C chocolate chips and spread evenly over the chocolate layer.
13. Break the remaining 4 graham crackers into tiny pieces. Sprinkle the graham crackers and remaining 1/2 C of chocolate chips over the top.
14. Cover and freeze until firm (at least 8 hours).
What do you say... Ice Cream Cake or Regular Cake?
Click below to visit this month's featured sponsor: