Christmas Cookie Week continues.... If you missed the earlier Christmas Cookie Recipes, lets play catch up... Peppermint Crunch Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Cinnamon Chips, Ginger Cookies, and Chocolate Mint Cookies.
So let's talk about Snickerdoodles. Okay, I guess there is not too much to talk about. They are your classic holiday cookie.
Basic recipe. Rolled in cinnamon sugar. But good. Real good.
2 ¾ C Flour
3 Tsp Baking Powder
1 C Butted, softened
1 ½ C Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon together for the topping.
- Roll 1 ½ inch balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
Makes 27-30 cookies