It's Monday and I am back with another Christmas Cookies recipe. Today's recipe is for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Cinnamon Chips. Yesterday's recipe was for Peppermint Crunch Cookies.
Oatmeal raisin cookies were a pretty standard cookie choice in our house growing up. My dad still loves them. This recipe takes a old favorite and adds a new twist... cinnamon chips.
Surprisingly the cinnamon chips do not overtake the recipe but add to it. Each bite has a little taste a cinnamon added to it.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Cinnamon Chips
1 C Butter, softened
1 C packed Brown Sugar
⅓ C Sugar
1 ½ Tsp Vanilla
1 ½ C Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 ½ C Oats
1 (10oz) Package Cinnamon Chips
¾ C Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda and flour and mix well.
- Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and raisins.
- Drop 2 Tbsp sized heaps of dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.