Today's Christmas Cookies recipe is a classic. Ginger Cookies.
So far this week, our daily holiday cookies recipes have been Peppermint Crunch Cookies and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Cinnamon Chips.
Ginger Cookies are a Holiday Cookie... To me at least. Right? I think it is the little bit of spice in these have them on the Holiday Cookie List for me.
So let's talk about these Ginger Cookies. They are perfect. Chewy. Soft. Just a little spice. Everything you want in a Ginger Cookie.
1 C butter, softened
¼ C Brown Sugar
2 Egg Whites
½ Tsp Vanilla
2 ⅔ C Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Ginger
½ Tsp Ground Cloves
¼ C Sugar to coat with
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup, egg whites and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Add the baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Cover the batter and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roll the dough into 1 to 1 ½ inch balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the remaining white sugar and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Click below to visit this month's featured sponsor: