It's fall. I think you all know that. With fall comes apples. Lots and lots of apples in the McGarvey household.
Most are consumed by me but this year Reid is giving me a run for my money. The kid loves them!
Neil is more of an apple in a recipe type apple eater.
So this recipe is yet again for Neil.
Maple Apple Crisp
1 C flour
1 C oats
1.5 C Granulated Maple Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
1/2 C walnuts
1 C butter
8 Apples, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats and 1 C Granulated Maple Sugar.
- Add 1/2 C (1 stick) of soft diced butter to the flour mixture and mix by hand.
- Peel and dice the apples
- In a large bowl, mix the apples with 1/2 C Granulated Maple Sugar and 1/2 C of the flour mixture.
- Melt the remaining 1/2C butter over medium heat. Add vanilla and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour butter over the apples and stir.
- Add the apple mixture to 16 muffin cups.
- Top with the remaining flour mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
Click below to visit this month's featured sponsor: