Here is our recipe to make some tasty garlic knots at home.
Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 ½ C warm water
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 envelope (2 ¼ tsp.) active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- About 4 C flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- Garlic Butter
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Combine the water, maple syrup and yeast. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the oil then, stir in flour and salt. Add additional flour 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together, if needed.
- Knead dough for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a large, greased bowl. Turn to coat dough. Cover the bowl with greased plastic wrap, and let it rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Divide dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a dough rope/snake that is about 9-10 inches long and about 1/2-inch thick.
- Shape into a knot (fold one end of dough over the other so that it looks like an awareness ribbon. Twist dough at the place where the two sides overlap. Fold ends back, and tuck under).
- You can also just tie the dough into a knot and leave the ends out.
- Place knots on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- To make the garlic butter, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Toss knots in the garlic butter.