Way back over the summer when fresh berries were a plenty, our neighbor brought over a gallon ziplock bag full of blackberries. Of course, my berry eating boy was all about them but we did have a few extra.
I based my Blackberry Cornbread off this one from Rachel Ray.
3/4C Vanilla Yogurt
8 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup Cornmeal
1 Cup Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Grease 8 inch square baking dish.
3. Combine yogurt, butter, eggs, baking soda and cornmeal in a large bowl.
4. Slowly mix in the flour.
5. Fold in most of the blackberries.
6. Spread the mixture into the pan.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining blackberries.
8. Bake until golden brown... about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Let cool before cutting.
Click below to visit this month's featured sponsor: