I made these Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes for a family reunion/party last month. They were a hit and looked great. Andplusalso they had a strawberry surprise inside!
For the Cupcakes:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
2 cups butter
1/2 cup milk
3 tsp vanilla
For the Frosting:
16 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
4 tsp vanilla
4 cups heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Line cupcake tins with 36 cupcake papers
3. Combine eggs, milk, butter and vanilla.
4. Slowly add the baking powder, flour and sugar
5. Mix until well blended.
6. Fill the cupcakes papers half full. (Do not fill more).
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Let cool completely.
9. Once the cupcakes have cooled, scoop out the middle.
10. Insert a strawberry with the top cut off. (I used frozen strawberries!)
11. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and heavy cream until well blended.
12. Cover each cupcake with frosting.
13. Top with the slices of the 12 remaining strawberries.
Store in the refrigerator.
Original recipe found here.
What are you favorite kind of cupcakes? Fruity or Chocolate?
Click below to visit this month's featured sponsor: