So being the good little wife (with a baby bump) that I am... I decided to start packing his lunch (that way he fits in with the cool kids).
Well I need some snacks for his lunch... so enter me baking some butterscotch brownies.
I probably committed the biggest baking no-no by making these. I used a recipe from the back of the nestle butterscotch chip bag but used bag of kraft butterscotch chips. Oh well.
2.5 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
11 oz butterscotch chips
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat in the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and then gradually add the flour.
- Stir in 3/4 of the bag of butterscotch chips.
- Spread into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.