My contribution to Thanksgiving dinner was an Apple Pie.
Luck for everyone involved, I make one mean apple pie (Thanks mom!).
- 10 medium/large apples (In my opinion cortland apples are the best)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp tapioca
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 c crisco
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tbsp butter
3. Meanwhile, mix the flour, salt, crisco and water together for the crust.
4. Split the dough in half. Roll out half the dough and place it in the bottom of a pie pan.
5. Fill the pie with the apple mixture.
6. Roll out the remaining dough. Rub a little butter along the edge of the crust in the pan and then place the the top onto the pie.
7. Pinch the edges of the dough together and cut off the extra. Add a few slices in the dough.
8. Rub the remaining butter over the top of the pie and then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.