Sometimes cookies fill a need to use an over abundance of pantry items. Like the time I bought a huge canister of oats only to look up and find a high BJ's sized box at the top of the pantry. I mean we like oats but that is A LOT of oats.
So these Apple Oatmeal Cookies were created. Our fridge was still overflowing with apples that we picked way back in the fall. And with some "help" from the little guy we peeled, chopped and tasted a bunch of apples for this recipe.
Apple Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 Butter, softened
3/4 C Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2 C Flour
1 1/2 C Oats
2 C Apples, peeled + finely chopped
1/2 C Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the butter and sugar and beat well.
- Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the flour and oats and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Drop in 2” balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.