Even in late April, its still cold enough at lunch time for a nice hot bowl of homemade soup. I made a pot of this Cheddar Broccoli Soup over the weekend and all the leftovers were gone the next day. Not only is it tasty, but the kids actually ate the vegetables also. Score!
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Lg Onion, diced
1 C Carrots, sliced
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 C Flour
2 C Chicken Broth
2 C Milk
4 C Broccoli Florets (2 medium heads of broccoli)
3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
8oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
1. In a large pot, heat the butter until melted. Add the diced onion and carrots and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add the flour and saute for an additional minute.
4. Add the chicken broth, milk, broccoli, dijon mustard and black pepper. Stir until combined.
5. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese until completely melted.Like what you just read? You can follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter to be the first to know what we are up to around here.