It has been a while since I blogged. Well years actually. I have all sorts of excuses like... Running a business or having a baby... But the reality is, life got hectic and the few hours a night I used to spend blogging were spent catching up on sleep or housework or something.
Although its been a few years, I have been working on a few blog posts here and there as time would have it. So I have a dozen or so stocked up and ready to share as well as a few half started and a couple more in the works. Now that the baby (are they still babies at 14 months) is taking a pretty decent afternoon nap fairly regularly, I find myself with a little spare time on my hands and am itching to get back to sharing regularly around here.
First up is this delicious Cajun Chicken Soup recipe.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1-2 lbs Chicken, cubed
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 onions, chopped
2 peppers, chopped
8 oz mushrooms
2 C frozen peas
4 C chicken broth
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp Oregano
3 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 Box Pasta
1/4 C Flour
1.5 C Heavy Cream
6-8 Bacon Strips, cooked.
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the cubed chicken and cook thoroughly.
2. Remove the chicken and place in a large stockpot.
3. In the skillet, heat the onions and garlic stirring regularly for 2-3 minutes. Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the onion/pepper mixture to the stockpot, along with the peas, chicken broth, pepper, oregano and cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil.
5. Meanwhile in the skillet, combine the flour and heavy cream. Mix thoroughly to remove clumps and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the pasta and heavy cream mixture to the stockpot and cook for 10-12 minutes.
6. Crumble the bacon and top each bowl with some bacon. Enjoy!